Monday, June 21, 2010

summer solstice dance party.

FYI: Today, June 21st, is the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere. It's officially summer! It's the longest day of the year; supposedly crazy shit can happen on this day. So be careful. But also dream big. William Shakespeare called today "Midsummer"; in "A Midsummer Night's Dream," he wrote, "Whatever is dreamed on this night, will come to pass." Many cultures believe that it's the most magical night of the year, in fact.

This afternoon I had an Abba attack. You read that right. It happens every once in awhile; I inherited this tick from my mother. She used to sing "Fernando" to sing me to sleep at night. My uncle walked into Starbucks today as I was blaring my ears out; I said to him, "I don't know how I'm going to work this Abba energy out." He replied, "Maybe it will help if you talk about it? When did it start?" I told him, about five minutes prior. He laughed and had no solutions.

My favorite?

Don't go wasting your emotions. Lay all your love on me.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment