Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Top 20 Songs of 2010

Music is one of my things. It helps to stabilize me. I search for great new songs like kids want ice cream. Paste Magazine, my culture bible, released their top 50 of the year. You can check it out here:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2010/12/the-50-best-songs-of-2010.html

I wasn't satisfied. I needed to make my own list (although a few match up). And typically I would annotate it. But one of my newest resolutions is to be more assertive in all things life. So I'll start with this list. Here they are, and there are no qualifications needed.

20. Vampire Weekend, "Taxi Cab"
19. Best Coast, "Goodbye"
18. Josh Ritter, "Change of Time"
17. Robyn, "Dancing on my Own"
16. The National, "Conversation 16"
15. Lady Gaga, "Alejandro"
14. Cee Lo Green, "No One's Gonna Love You" (cover of Band of Horses song)
13. Delta Spirit, "Salt in the Wound"
12. First Aid Kit, "I Met up with the King"
11. David Gray, "First Chance"
10. Vampire Weekend, "Horchata"
9. Mumford and Sons, "Little Lion Man"
8. Joanna Newsom, "Good Intentions Paving Company"
7. The Tallest Man on Earth, "Kids on the Run"
6. Pheonix, "1901"
5. Broken Bells, "The Mall and the Misery"
4. The Morning Benders, "Excuses"
3. Laura Marling, "Rambling Man"
2. Beck and Bat for Lashes, "Let's Get Lost"
1. Band of Horses, "Laredo"


No comments:

Post a Comment