Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day Three: Self Portrait and Vegan cooking

One of my favorite things about Athens is that I've made friends here who are passionate about their diet in a holistic way that inspires me. Recently I've been mostly vegetarian for the first time in my life, and I have to say my body looks and feels better! That said, I could never go vegan. I would miss yogurt in the morning too much. And cheese and crackers as my afternoon snack. I have such respect for my friend Nick, for example, who has been a dedicated vegan for at least a decade. I'm cooking for him tonight. I love that I live in a place where I hunt down recipes, shop determinedly for the very best veggies, and continually learn new things about meals I should be making more.

For this afternoon, here's a self-indulgent photo of me reading on a patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment