Thursday, May 17, 2012

Eating my way through this town

As part of an unabashed week of leisure following graduation and the world's most exhausting road trip, I am eating my way through Austin. Arguably one of the best food cities...well, anywhere, you can't really go wrong here.

Last night I was treated to a lovely evening at Vevo on the east side. Their margaritas are strong. Like, put hair on your chest strong. But they come with dainty little orchids on the rim to try and fool you. Chipotle enchiladas and a huge bowl of guac to share on a colorful covered patio? I give it an A.

For lunch today my sis and I tried Phil's Ice House, which is owned by the same folks who created Austin's legendary Amy's ice cream. Big ass burgers, sweet potato fries, and the coldest Coke I have ever had. All of this turned into the most excellent treatment for my tequila hangover.

Update for the family: still no little Mac. My nephew seems reluctant to leave the womb. I don't blame him. Austin summers are pretty oppressive.

Peace out.



No comments:

Post a Comment