Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I'll explain everything to the geeks.

This and that:



Nathan Spicer over at Paste Magazine just listed out his Top 25 songs by the band The National:


http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/lists/2011/05/best-25-songs-from-the-national.html?p=3

I was introduced to The National belatedly.  I missed all the best albums when they came out, but I'm good at playing fervent music catch-up.  The band just released a special edition of their latest album, High Violet.  That album contains two songs that should have made Spicer's list: "Vanderlyle Crybaby" and "Conversation 16" (both of which I've spent the better part of a year belting out in my car and others').

What else?  I'm furiously writing lectures.  

One year ago this week, Catherine Anderson and I were spending our last few precious days in Roma after hosteling across much of Italy.  My heart aches at the memory, because right now I'd pretty much drop everything if I could and go on another trip.  She's living the dream this July, when she departs for London to begin an epic pilgrimage from Canterbury to Roma...on foot.  With a tent in a backpack.  I love her.  I am jealous of her.  I wish I could go with her.  The link to her blog (which she'll be updating along the way) is listed in the column on the right and down a bit----->

Here's the movie that inspired me to start traveling internationally at all:


I remain in search of more opportunities to live the eternal Saturday (see the film and you'll get it).  Seriously, order it or Netflix it or go find it at your local video store.  

I continue to watch the coverage of the Joplin tornado and continue to feel a knot in my gut.  I've been urging friends and family to give anything, even a credit card donation of ten dollars if that's all they can handle.  Please do the same.

love,
Lesley-Anne (top geek)

No comments:

Post a Comment