Monday, July 18, 2011

64

That's how old my mom would be today.  It's been almost ten years since we lost her, believe it or not.  I still miss her every day.  Here are a few things about her that make me smile:

--When she saw someone in need, she helped them without missing a beat.  No hesitation.  She just did what needed to be done (and usually the thing no one else would take the time to do).

--When she saw an attractive man from a distance, she used to wink and whisper, "Oooooh, doggieeee."  I have no idea where this came from.

--She used to write verses of original poetry on napkins, old newspapers, and in the front pages of books.  I, fortunately, still have all of this saved in a box.

--She smelled like gardenias all the time.  I think it was the powder she used.

--She told me I would do great things.  And I am aiming to.

Here's the soundtrack of her memory in my head right now:

No comments:

Post a Comment