Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Life in a booth

When you are two months out from a (fingers crossed!) dissertation defense, you mostly watch the world move around you. You no longer really feel a part of it. I have been sitting in the same booth at Walker's Coffee and Pub for what feels like years now. I count my hours in cups of coffee. Kind of like that song from Rent. I digress. My point? It is a unique position to observe people like this. I am thankful for the little moments right now, and should be always. The smiles, the nods, the way a song hits me as I write and it seems like a soundtrack.

2 comments:

  1. Those moments are what make up everyday. I adore the "mundane". Sun on your face after days of rain, that nod from a passing stranger, the first cup of coffee in silence each morning, chopping garlic....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found every day that I age I discover these things more and more. A big one for me is a fresh cup of coffee and the NYTimes crossword on a Sunday morning :)

    thanks for the comment!
    xo

    ReplyDelete