Sunday, February 12, 2012

Over two months and counting

I have been off of the world's most pervasive social media site for well over two months now. I don't mean to brag, but I've seen others leave but go back since. It has a sickening pull on people, and that is the reason Mark Zuckerberg has about a zillion dollars.

So actually, I do mean to brag. That I have been able to successfully resist at least one of the mainstream media's capitalistic endeavors makes me proud. It was very much like a drug that I had to quit cold turkey. But once I did, I never looked back. I recommend it to anyone. Imagine a world in which you don't know what your ex boyfriend is up to or what attractive women are cyber flirting with him. Imagine a world in which you don't get confronted with your friends' passive aggressive intellectual arguments. Imagine a world in which someone has to call you to talk to you.

That is the world I live in now. And while it's far from perfect, I have to say that I worry a lot less these days about what others are doing, or what they think of me.

Happy Sunday.


1 comment:

  1. While my views vary greatly on both sides of the spectrum I'm enjoying it too. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete